This AUP governs the use of miniVPS's VPS services. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and miniVPS regarding the interpretation of this AUP, miniVPS's interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern.
The following is the entire Acceptable User Policy ("AUP") agreement between miniVPS and the personal or corporate account holder. miniVPS provides VPS services. miniVPS has certain legal and ethical responsibilities consisting with the use of its servers and equipment involved in these services. miniVPS's general policy is to act as a provider of Internet presence. miniVPS reserves the rights to suspend or cancel a customer's access to any or all services provided by miniVPS when we decide that the account has been inappropriately used.
What is Appropriate Usage?
miniVPS is designed to serve the web hosting needs of small, independently owned and operated businesses in a single country. It is not appropriate to use our services to support large enterprises or internationally based businesses with a sustained demand that places undue burden on our systems or negatively impacts use by small, independently owned and operated businesses.
miniVPS is a Virtual Price Server hosting service, which means that a number of customers' VPS's are hosted from the same server. miniVPS uses abuse controls to help ensure that use of our services does not adversely affect the performance of our system or other customers' sites.
miniVPS Customers may not initiate the following (below), if any customer does miniVPS may terminate the account with no refund. Depending on the situation there will/won't be warnings sent.
- Use of any kind of distributed computing software, including but not limited to SETI@home, Node Zero and Folding@home.
- Any form of data mining, including but not limited to bitcoin mining.
- We are happy to accept users wanting to run IRC based services on our systems unless they are used for malicious activity. We do ask that you keep a quiet policy while operating your services or community as we will terminate any account that receives abuse notifications or repeated DDos attacks.
- Any form of game server unless expressly permitted by miniVPS staff
- Any form of software used to share SmartCard data such as, but not limited to, TV Subscriptions, Calling Cards etc.
- We do not permit the use of 'tor' (exit or relay) on our servers. The use of tor is strictly prohibited and any violation may result in immediate termination.
- 'Camfrog' and any of its derivitives are NOT permitted on our servers. As with tor, the use of Camfrog is strictly prohibited and violation may result in immediate termination.
You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the VPS package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account and/or charge you an additional fee for the overages. Unused transfer in one month cannot be carried over to the next month.
You may not publish or transmit via miniVPS's service any content that miniVPS reasonably believes:
- constitutes child pornography;
- constitutes pornography;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person's privacy;
- creates a risk to a person's safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person's trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to miniVPS;
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against miniVPS by offended viewers;
miniVPS does not accept material such as:
- Proxy, Warez, Escrow, High Yield Investment Programs (HYIP), illegal Gambling and Lottery sites.
- Content "published or transmitted" via miniVPS's service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by miniVPS.
* miniVPS can terminate service for any of the above reasons and it's at miniVPS's sole discretion to issue a refund
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
Bulk Comercial Email
Bulk commercial email, mailing lists and email reflectors are allowed on miniVPS's services. For any emails sent from your miniVPS server you must adhere to the following rules:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner.
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your miniVPS service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your miniVPS service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your miniVPS's services.
Material Protected By Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner.
- you are otherwise permitted by established United Kingdon copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
miniVPS will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the miniVPS network.
miniVPS is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers' activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the miniVPS network.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to miniVPS and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the miniVPS network.
- Use of miniVPS's network in a way that unreasonably interferes with miniVPS's other customers use of the network
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.
Last updated 17/01/2012